Pages

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Bringing Online Marketing to Offline Businesses

I don't know about you, but I find it quite annoying when I want to look up a local business and find that it doesn't have a website.  There are, of course, plenty of directories which list businesses and give your their contact details.  But I want to know more than that.  I want to know their opening hours and I want to know whether they're offering the particular goods or services that I want.  And I find it surprising that there are still a lot of businesses that don't have an internet presence.

Armand Morin has started a campaign to bring offline businesses into the online world with his
Marketer CMS software and Instant Cash Flow.  It's an interesting concept.  Armand has created a piece of software which enables you to create a website just by 'filling in the blanks'.  It's a WordPress theme and, for anyone used to using WordPress, it should be a piece of cake.

Now I've never used WordPress - it's always seemed a bit complicated to me.  I've stuck with SiteSpinner to create my websites and Blogger for my blogs.   But I've just been watching some of Armand's videos on how to use Marketer CMS and I reckon I could do it, even with my limited knowledge. 

So what's so special about it?  Well, it's been created with small businesses in mind, giving them a way to promote themselves to customers who, ultimately, will be coming into their shops to buy.  It's not designed to showcase their wares but, rather, to allow the customer to get to know what the business offers and, most important, to make contact easily. 

The Instant Cash Flow course enables anyone who can use Marketer CMS to become a web-designer for local business, helping to build a company's online presence, through the well-thought out design of the site and a useful SEO plugin.  It is, for want of a better phrase, a 'business in a box' - buy the course and then market the websites to businesses near you.  It's a clever idea for anyone who's at home with WordPress and who is a good salesman.  At $1,997 it's not cheap.  But for someone with the skills to make a go of it, it could be a real money-spinner as well as offering a valuable service to the local community.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, this is most helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm so glad you found it helpful.

      Delete