Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

A piece of software that is making me smile!

After my moan yesterday about Microsoft Outlook, I think I may have stumbled on a piece of software that actually does what it's meant to!  (But it's nothing to do with email.)  It was recommended to me by Social Media expert, Paul O'Mahoney, who has been using it for some time.  (And it's nothing to do with internet marketing either.)  According to the blurb, its function is to "turbo-charge your mind", which it does by flashing subliminal affirmations onto your computer screen.  So, while you're sitting reading your emails or surfing the net or writing a letter or doing your accounts, every few seconds you're being reminded that "I am focused", "I remember names easily", "I can learn anything", "I achieve great results", "success follows me" or whichever of the many affirmations offered you have chosen as appropriate.  And if the list doesn't have the affirmation you want, you can add it.

Now I tend to be a bit suspicious of things that sound so simple, and I'm not sure that I'd have bought the software - called Subliminal Power - if it hadn't been for Paul's glowing recommendation and the many effusive reviews on the Subliminal Power website (including one from Mark Anastasi who says 'It's amazing').  So I thought I'd try it.  It's not expensive (only $39.95 if you download it, and an extra $10 if you want the CD as well).  I installed it yesterday and, well, I think it might be starting to work.

The affirmations come in packages and I've got the "laser sharp focus", "magnificent memory" and "business success" packages running at the moment.  Not sure if it's my imagination, but I certainly do seem to be a bit more focused today.  And since my memory has never been all that good, I'll be interested to see whether it improves - and absolutely delighted if it does.

I'm watching eagerly for signs of improvement and, meanwhile, the thought that something so simple could actually work is making me smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment